Sunday, April 11, 2010


This was taken in the sporting goods section of a large department store in downtown Bucheon. It encourages the reader to buy spandex clothing for the gym by suggesting that life is more rewarding when you exercise hard, much the same way Nike once did with their "Just Do It" slogan. When I was in my early twenties I saw an African American gentleman win the lottery at a 7-11 in Dallas, Texas. When he slapped the counter and shouted in jubilation I turned to look. He was wearing a "Just Did It" t-shirt. This made a huge impression on me and changed the way I look at life. "Just Did It" was my mantra for a long time. Something similar happened to me when I saw this sign. I've decided to name this web log after it so as to remind myself throughout this year that I will be in Korea of the most important thing: "Must Do Change!"

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your blog! Korea is so interesting!
    Can't wait to hear more!

    Love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete